Wednesday 10 October 2012

Embarrassing Moments #1 (new Series blog)

My self esteem deflated like a pin in a balloon.

Ever had a moment you wish you could pause, rewind, erase and then retry?
A moment where you disgrace yourself unwillingly.

Well I seem to be so lucky to have those moments at the first meets of most my husbands family members.

The most recent event has been replaying over and over in my brain as if to remind me how humiliated I felt.

Elaborating;
Just last weekend my husband and our family were invited to a pool BBQ at hubby's cousins (he hadn't seen them in 14 years).
Everything was going smoothly. As the children were all daredevils on an extremely hot day we were all hovering not too far from the poolside. The water was FREEZING! Even in that heat the water was too cold for the adults.
I  stepped away from the group for a short moment to grab my phone. As I walk back toward the family I had just meet; I note that the children now have super soaker's  (in case you don't know what that is; a super soaker is a huge water pistol that lives up to its name "SUPER SOAKER")

I didn't mind getting a few splashes now and then from my little critters but I was a bit hesitant to walk toward the group. Overhearing a member warn the children not to soak the adults gave me the go ahead to continue walking towards the group.
Noting to myself as I walk closer this was not the best day to wear a light lilac fabric sun-dress  I am already avoiding direct sunlight on me as the dress seems to show a sheer see through silhouette of my body in certain lighting.

And then it all happens in slow motion dramatically it unfolds to awkwardness.

I look up from my phone and I see this one young boy... grinning lightly as he sprays a quick round of water upon all the adults. As I am the second last he sprayed and have just reappeared out of no where I see his slight grin has turned to a devilish cheek. I can see it in his face... 'TARGET LOCATED'
In an instant this boy super super SUPER Soaked with the water pistol all over my sexy sun-dress a horrifying loud screaming whine "NNNNNNOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOooooooooOOOooooo" escapes from my breath.

Instant; Awkward Silence. Instant; Eyes on me. Instant; Humiliation. 

Instantly Judged as "HIGH MAINTENANCE"  I'm sure.

Well that was followed by me now having to stand in the sunlight, in a completely wet SEE THROUGH dress. holding it out from my body to air out and avoid it clinging to my chest was difficult too as it just too revealing. 

I stand humbled... it may have been a see through wet dress... but really (screaming nooooo)?!?!?!?!!! 
It was only WATER.

Ohhh IF only time was changeable.

I hope you have stories to share and I am not the only one who likes to embarrass themselves in public.

Keep a look out for more embarrassing moments by me in this new blog series "Embarrassing Moments"

No comments:

Post a Comment